Colorado Department of Human Services

To file a report of suspected child abuse or neglect, you can contact your local county department of social services. For an alphabetical list of Colorado’s 64 county departments of human services, including phone numbers and office information, please click below.

Colorado Department of Human Services

State-Wide Hotline

Colorado Child Abuse and Neglect Website

Toll-Free Hotline to report child abuse and neglect: 1-844-CO-4-KIDS

The OCR can not directly assign a guardian ad litem to your case. The only way to obtain legal services through the OCR is to have an open case in which the judge appoints a guardian ad litem. If you do not have an open case, we suggest calling one of the following organizations:

Colorado Legal Services

Colorado Legal Services Website


Metro Volunteer Lawyers

Metro Volunteers Website


Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network

RMIAN Website


Colorado Bar Association

 Colorado Bar Association Website


Colorado Juvenile Defender Center

CJDC Website


Disability Law Colorado

 Disability Law Colorado Website

Denver Office: 303.722.0300

Grand Junction Office: 970.241.6371


Do you have a concern about the protection of children and adolescents in a residential treatment facility or a juvenile justice facility? The Protection and Advocacy for People with Mental Illness (PAIMI) Program may be able to help.  For more information, click on the link above or contact the offices below:

Denver Office: 303.722.300

Grand Junction Office: 970.241.6371

Colorado Office of the Child Protection Ombudsman

Do you have issues or concerns about child protection in Colorado?  Contact the Colorado Office of the Child Protection Ombudsman:

 Colorado Office of the Child Protection Ombudsman Website

855-5-SAFEKIDS (free)